Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Ice Cream Dresses



I'm currently having a bit of an Ice Cream Dress obsession.  I sewed two last week, both for Lu.  One was a special request.  When I asked her what sort of shirt she wanted (because I'm making them blouse length, for ease of movement), she said, "Thomas shirt!"  She has inherited her big sister's love of Thomas stories, and carries a toy version of him around with her everywhere, even sleeps with it.  So I hunted down some cheapo Thomas fabric, and made her a shirt she loves.  The other one I made for her birthday, using Sarah Jane Studios' obligatory "Children at Play: On Parade" print.

I have fabric cut for two more Ice Cream tops/dresses, this time for Poppet.  One of those is another special request, which has required some extra creativity, and I will document it soon.  Then maybe my love affair will have run its course.  I did this with Geranium Dresses too.

I have a couple baby gifts to make after I've finished my next two Ice Cream tops.  Then I plan to tackle a Family Reunion Dress.  I also need to make a sun hat for Lu.  Hopefully I can keep this momentum going.








No comments:

Post a Comment