Friday, March 4, 2011

Hello

I don't know why I am going to keep a blog. This is something I've tried before, and failed to continue. I think I mostly just get tired of the sound of my own yammering, but this time around, I figure I have a few things to blog about, for myself, if for nobody else to read.

This will be a blog about being a mother who loves her three-year-old, but also loves photography, sewing, reading and daydreaming about sometimes strange, sometimes mundane things. My daughter is the center of my world, but that doesn't mean I've felt a loss of identity since becoming a mother. I'm grounded in who I am, even if I sometimes struggle to share that outwardly with the world. Knowing who you are doesn't always preclude insecurity, and I can be shy, reserved and suspicious with others at times. Writing has always been the way I can best express myself, even when it comes to the small things I might need to express.

Expect a random assortment of topics. I don't think this blog will have much of a theme. I don't even know what the title means, but that line in the children's song has always amused me. I think it's even more amusing to consider the potentially profound implications of those four words. Why does the cheese stand alone? Why doesn't it take a cracker, or a big hunk of warm baguette, for instance? And wait, what happened to the mouse? Is there a metaphor here?

Anyway. That's my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment